Open date: July 24, 2023
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Dec 6, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Mathematics anticipates possible temporary positions for Lecturers for the 2023-2024 academic year. Typically, these positions become available as unexpected needs arise prior to the start of a quarter. Positions can range anywhere from one quarter to a full year at varying percentages, depending on instructional need and the applicant's availability.
A Ph.D. in Mathematics or related field prior to the start of the position and a good teaching record are preferred, but applicants with similar education or work experience will be considered. Appointments will be effective October 1, 2023, or later.
Completed applications must be submitted electronically through https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF08440 and must contain:
(1) Cover Letter
(3) Copies of available teaching evaluations
(4) Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/teachstatement/
(5) Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement: https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/
(6) Contact information for three references
(7) Misc/Additional (optional) - evidences of teaching effectiveness (may also include a peer review of your teaching, awards, and course syllabi)
Please reference job #08440 in the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications are welcome at any time. The review process will start on August 1st, and will continue until positions are filled.
A PhD degree in mathematics or a related field by appointment start and a good teaching record is preferred, but applicants with similar education or work experience will be considered.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
About UC Irvine
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.