Open date: August 5, 2023
Most recent review date: Thursday, Aug 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jun 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Gavin Herbert Eye Institute at the UC Irvine School of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology is accepting applications in the Professional Researcher series.
Applications are sought from candidates with a PhD or MD. The Researcher will spend approximately 20% of their time in clinical pursuits under the direct supervision of a licensed member of the Department of Ophthalmology. The other 80 % of the researcher's time is spent in the Ophthalmology laboratory at the UCI Medical Center in Orange, CA under the supervision of the Retina director.
To apply: Please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF08468
Candidates must possess a PhD or MD in the field of Ophthalmology
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Teaching Statement - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to inclusive excellence will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. See our guidance for writing an inclusive excellence activities statement.
Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Discrimination Declaration Form - All applicants of academic positions at the University of California, Irvine must download, complete, sign, and upload the following form with their application: Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Discrimination Declaration Form
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.